"When you realize that a beautiful interior has very little to do with objects and a whole lot to do with spirit, general well being and upliftment you find the soul of interior design. If you have respect for your surroundings and everything has it's perfect place you interact with your world differently you carry yourself differently. My father used to say that the state of your surroundings is the state of your mind. Look around your home, let your home be the foundation of your aspiration."

Written by a South African artist, interior designer & product designer.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The versatile settee

A settee is one of the most useful pieces of furniture.  It can be used at the bottom of a bed, in a dining room or eating nook, in a living room if space is tight, an entryway or even a wide hallway.  It's on my list of must haves when we eventually move to a new house.  My choice would be to have one in my entryway and have a cushy spot for my guests to sit while they put there shoes on and off.  I am in love with the first image.  Isn't it gorgeous?



6 comments:

  1. You're right! That first image is spectacular.
    Tiffany
    thedesignerlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is divine! I'm with Tiffany, that first image is fab!
    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first image! Picture perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore these. Especially the velour blue. So cushy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly simple. The placement of the chairs are perfect.
    house plans

    ReplyDelete