"When you realize that a beautiful interior has very little to do with objects and a whole lot to do with spirit, general well being and upliftment you find the soul of interior design. If you have respect for your surroundings and everything has it's perfect place you interact with your world differently you carry yourself differently. My father used to say that the state of your surroundings is the state of your mind. Look around your home, let your home be the foundation of your aspiration."

Written by a South African artist, interior designer & product designer.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rugs in the bathroom

I love the idea of using a rug instead of a bath mat in the bathroom.  It's another way to bring warmth into a typically cold space that consists of mostly hard edges.  Why use a little postage stamp bath mat that can look grungy and unappealing after awhile. There are so many beautiful dhurrie, natural fiber or persian rugs that would hold up much better over time.  Not only does it add warmth but it's a great way to bring in some pattern and colour to an otherwise neutral space.







7 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Our white bath mat is dirty one day after washing it! So I would welcome something w a pattern to hide flith!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes we are on the same wave length lately! ha ha.. I'm thinking exactly the same thing for our master bath redo.. now to find one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the old rugs shown and agree that rugs do have a place in the bathroom ........... that is if you have a bathroom big enough for one!!! I love the way you described a regular bath mat as a postage stamp. Seriously, I need a few new ones as I'm so bored of my current ones which I've had for ......... um five years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look. I have hardwoods in my bath and using rugs was the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, why had I never thought of this???? It's the most perfect solution because I can't stand the look of bath mats. As always, you're brilliant Andrea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! I love this look so much. I need rugs like these in my currently very ugly retro bathrooms! I love the persians especially.

    Sorry I have been a bit absentee lately, I'm writing my thesis and barely finding time to scope the blogosphere as usual!! Hugs,

    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing! Love the touch of a rug in the bathroom- so pretty and cozy!

    ReplyDelete