"When you realize that a beautiful interior has very little to do with objects and a whole lot to do with spirit, general well being and upliftment you find the soul of interior design. If you have respect for your surroundings and everything has it's perfect place you interact with your world differently you carry yourself differently. My father used to say that the state of your surroundings is the state of your mind. Look around your home, let your home be the foundation of your aspiration."

Written by a South African artist, interior designer & product designer.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

On the hunt

I have been busy working on a playroom and it's coming along very slowly to say the least.  I am focused on finding just the right sideboard to house the television with extra storage for things like Wii consoles,  a PVR box and other nasty unattractive things that include lots of cords and unsightly electronics.  I know what I'm looking for but I also don't want to pay huge coin to get it. Fingers crossed I'll find it soon!  Here are some gorgeous examples I found while surfing the net.


via Circa Who

via Circa Who



Loving these red options!  


4 comments:

  1. Why can't we find things like that on our Craigslist? Good luck. I will keep my eyes open for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the direction you are going. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, there are a couple of stores in Chinatown that sell beautiful hardware. You could buy a thrift store piece and add the cool Asian hardware and you'd get the look you're after but on a budget:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carol, I'll check that out. I just need to find it first:) Scouring ebay and Craig's list and I have phoned a couple vintage furniture stores on Main in Vancouver, so far no luck. I may have to buy new not vintage.

    ReplyDelete