"When you realize that a beautiful interior has very little to do with objects and a whole lot to do with spirit, general well being and upliftment you find the soul of interior design. If you have respect for your surroundings and everything has it's perfect place you interact with your world differently you carry yourself differently. My father used to say that the state of your surroundings is the state of your mind. Look around your home, let your home be the foundation of your aspiration."

Written by a South African artist, interior designer & product designer.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Chairs to die for

So I have come across these gorgeous vintage chairs in all their glory.  These are the kind of chairs you would have forever and what would be considered true investment pieces.  I love mixing vintage with new and these are right up my alley.  I love the original fabric but I am told they will need to be reupholstered.  My question to you is do I pick a neutral fabric or do I go with a pattern?  I am torn on this one.  Any thoughts?
The chairs






Fabric options

Something neutral?


Neutral geometric?



And last but not least if I go with a colour I'm leaning towards orange










13 comments:

  1. Those are really nice chairs. I really need to score big on some vintage chairs myself. I like the geometric neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are AMAZING. You truly could do any of your fabric choices and they would be stunning! Good problem to have :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous chairs! They would be beautiful in any, I have to agree with Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing finds. Craigslist? For me its a toss up between the neutral fabric and the 2nd to last fabric, which is stunning!

    What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I saw your options, I was thinking a white canvas linen. After I saw the amazing options you had, I love the second neutral geometric!! I think it's a great fabric because the dark framing will compliment it nicely! :) Can't wait to see what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those chairs, they are gorgeous. I honestly think all your choices are amazing, but I love the idea of a geometric print on a vintage chair. Either the neutral or orange. I love the second neutral geometric and first orange geometric the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them as they are, but if reupholstering, I'd go with the first orange option!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After hearing all of your feedback I am leaning towards the first orange option. It's a Trina Turk fabric and it is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chairs are fantastic. I am a colour girl so I say go for the orange. Either pattern is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice chairs!!! I'm a lover of white but the orange with the diamond looking geometric design. I want to see when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the third piece of fabric you have listed! These are awesome chairs! Hopefully I can find some equally great today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let me know Amanda. I am now looking for an alternate chair, once I finish with them the price would be astronomical!

    ReplyDelete